Strings for Youth Symphony, Concert Orchestra and Preparatory Orchestra
Woodwinds for Youth Symphony & Concert Orchestra
Brass for Youth Symphony & Concert Orchestra
Percussion for Youth Symphony, Concert Orchestra and/or Percussion Ensemble
and are also open to separate audition
Upon receiving your Audition Application and $25 application fee, you will be contacted by to schedule your audition time.
Audition Sign up
If this is your first time auditioning or you missed out auditioning in May, please sign up for an ENTRY AUDITION time slot.
Current Sign-up Sheets
No sheets currently available at this time.
All students who audition will need to indicate on their application form the orchestra and/or small ensemble they would like to join and prepare the following:
1. Solo of your choice (approximately 2 minutes in length)
2. Scales as indicated for your instrument and chosen orchestra
3. An excerpt for your chosen orchestra. Conductors are looking for a limited time frame to learn and play the piece, not memorize it
4. A brief sight-reading excerpt may be included for your audition.
5. Students auditioning for a small ensemble only should bring a prepared solo and scales for Concert Orchestra or Youth Symphony, to the best of your ability
6. Percussion students should prepare one snare, one timpani and one mallet piece from the provided excerpts in addition to the tambourine and triangle excerpt.
Links to Excerpts
In order to schedule an audition you must submit an application (online or mail) and application fee in advance.